Saturday, May 19, 2012

Ed Clark... Story of a role model

I had the absolute pleasure of meeting this young man "Ed" - Edmund Clark- in Anchorage, Alaska last week. He is probably in his late twenties, very pleasant and very articulate. We were having a very engaging conversation about the importance of educating our children at a very early age to think about future among various other things.


During the course of conversation, he opened his laptop for something and the picture above was the wallpaper! 
Since I was curious, I asked him about the picture. This picture is of his father and Ed on his graduation ( I am assuming his high school graduation). His father, worked hard all his life, never went to college but was a very devoted father and husband. He never asked what Ed scored in the many sports he played, but  was consistent in  his message to his son about the importance of education and values in life.
Ed's father died when he was just 46. Ed has a strong history of diabetes in his family.
Ed kept his word, studied, graduated from college and is very well placed in his life at a very young age.


What did I learn?
The importance of guiding our children from a very young age and being a good role model to our future generation.


I would urge you to see the wall paper on most of the laptops and smart phones you see today - I was amazed that a single, smart looking young man having the picture of him with his father as his laptop wallpaper!
I salute his dad for raising a wonderful son.
I salute Ed for being a great role model.
I thank God for helping me to meet such wonderful people in my life.

2 comments:

edmund.206 said...

Thanks for being a genuine person and caring about my story.Ed

edmund.206 said...

Thank you for your genuine interest in such an important person to me.