Friday, January 13, 2012

Story of a young lady whom I met yesterday...

I had the privilege of meeting this beautiful 70 year old foster mom from Redding, CA yesterday. She brought with her, a 16 year old young man whom I know for many years. She had recently got him from the foster agency and they both have bonded very nicely in the few weeks he has been with her. It was very nice to hear from him that he feel that he is 'at home' now.

So, I turned around to thank the lady and she first apologized to me for being late ( she had to drive 3 hours to come to my office and she has another 3 hours of drive back) She said, 'I do not have one of those GP things (she meant GPS) which shows the way and I got lost' She was very confident that next time she will be on time as she enjoyed the visit with me very much.

We started chatting and over the course of our conversation she said that over there course of last 23 years, she has taken care of more than 1200 foster children. She has adopted 5 of those children. She feels this is something she enjoys and a wants to continue as long as she can.

I was speechless...
1200 children, that is 1198 more children I have at my home - She has touched their hearts. 1200 children - she had brought a ray of hope in their lives. 1200 children - if they don't do it now - one day they will .. thank her for what she has done for them.
Whenever I feel tired, whenever I feel exhausted after a long day (as you get older these days seem to be coming more often!) I should think of the work she has put in to raise these unfortunate children.

When she left, she told me that my young man can be changed and will have a better control over his diabetes next time he comes to visit me!

I told her that I was very very fortunate to have met her as my eyes filled up.

I thanked GOD for giving me the chance of meeting this wonderful human being and told to myself that I should not complain about working hard!


Affection is responsible for nine-tenths of whatever solid and durable happiness there is in our lives.
C. S. Lewis


Dream always, Think creative, Work Hard and Succeed....

No comments: