Friday, April 29, 2011

Veronica - An Amazing child with a BIG heart and a Beautiful SMILE!

I have a privilege of taking care of Veronica, who is a smart and beautiful young lady.

Unfortunately, she has a rare disease which has limited her to a wheel chair. She tries her best to take care of herself in spite of this disadvantage. However, this has not stopped her to going on with her real life with a lot of grace and she doing very well is school.

When she came for her appointment last week, I saw that she had cut her hair very short. So I asked her why did she do that as I always loved seeing her flowing shiny long hair which further beautifies her smile!

Her reply was, " My friend has been diagnosed with cancer and she is loosing hair because of her treatment. I did not want her to be feeling different from other children in the school. So I cut my hair to support her through this tough period."

My eyes filled up and all I could do was a big hug with a my eyes filled up.

Children like Veronica make this world still a very good place to live.

Veronica: Thank you for giving me the opportunity to know you :))))

No comments: